Thursday, March 25, 2010

Post Conversion Story

As I have told you earlier I accepted Christ in 1984. Did I changed over night? No...not totally but I changed from within. It was not easy because I had no mentor. I bought a Bible and started reading but I couldn't understand most of what I had read. I started my "baby steps" of prayers but I was not able to pray well. I was conscious of all those things that were around me. There were temptations but I needed to be strong..so I prayed from my heart and soul asking God to break any generational curses and the power of darkness that tried to make me fall and succumb to the works of the flesh. I was desperate for a breakthrough...I began to go to town to look for Christian cassettes and books but I did not know which to buy. So I got a book entitled "The Dynamics of Prayers". Soon I could pray better and my prayers were answered by the proof that I received my first batch of mails from a Christian from overseas. Until today I do not know how he (I'm positive the sender was a "he")  knew that I needed those teachings and guidelines to my new found faith in Christ.Even later when I asked my cousins whether they were those who wrote on my behalf for the subscriptions to these teaching notes they honestly told they didn't. See, I believed right then that God touched someone in Ireland and later,,,another one in England to send me all those timely teachings. Through these timely newsletters, tracts and magazines, I had learnt a lot about living as a Christian and my faith began to grow and my spirit grew stronger .Soon I was able to fight off any carnal attacks as well as spiritual attacks. I grew by leaps and bounds. I began sharing my faith and my Lord and Saviour to my students.This sharing is authentic and original not for my shake but for the glory of my Lord! I want fellow readers to know that I courageously share this testimony for my Lord's glory for He saves me!. I don't write this to earn money but to let people know there is truly a Living God whom I serve.Life is not just heaving up wealth on earth which will one day diminish...life is knowing and serving the True Living God. John 14:6 is the powerful verse of confession and proclaimation of  He Who Was, Who Is and Who Is To Come! Glory be to God!

1 comment: