Monday, June 6, 2011

The last few years my dad spent with us

Left to Right : dad, my wife & our son 2004 Sibu.
The last few years dad stayed with us at our home in Sibu. That was between 2001 until 2006. He stayed with us during the duration of his medical treatment. I am not saying that he stayed with us all through those years. He came and went. Sometimes he stayed for a month and sometimes 2 weeks in a month. He was always worried for his farm in Dalat and the rest of my eldest brother's family members. It all began when he had to go for his cornea surgery and later another operation in his abdomen. It was during those last few years, my dad and I began to know each other much better in Christ's love. Whenever we were free we brought him around for sight-seeing. I am grateful to God and thank God for my dad. I really treasure those good times and  sweet memories with my dad. The last few weeks he stayed with us were towards the end of March 2006. He went with the Lord on 5th April 2006 at 4.32pm in Mukah General Hospital. Please understand that my relationship with dad became better as a father-son relationship since 1990 when he accepted Jesus Christ. We began to understand the meaning of God's love for each of us. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment