Monday, June 6, 2011

My Dad Heard The Word of God...

When I became a Christian, my dad was still an ancestors' worshiper. I was married in a church and strictly adhered to Christian wedding ceremony by an ordained pastor. It was difficult for me to invite my dad. He would make excuses...I was sad because I thought he would not come to my wedding ceremony. To my surprise he came one day earlier. I was so happy and on my wedding day I saw my dad at the front row or pew of the church. Both my relatives and friends as well as my bride's relatives and friends were seated in the church. As the music started...I saw my bride and her dad walking slowly up the isle of the church..I was waiting near the altar and the pastor was there. Now to cut the story short...before the ceremony the pastor shared the word of God. I glanced at my beloved dad and I noticed he was listening intensely. After the wedding ceremony, we had the photo taking sessions. When my dad stood next to me, I noticed some changes in him but I couldn't know exactly what. I found he was much gentle and loving in gestures and words. He congratulated me and my bride and wished us well. For the first time I saw that special affection glowed in my dad's eyes. I thanked my Lord that His Word had captivated my dad's heart. Months later after our marriage, to my surprise an excitement, my dad asked me for a Bible. I gave him one and everyday he asked me lots of questions concerning the Bible he was reading. Ironically, I became my dad's Bible teacher and my wife was my assistant. Weeks later, my dad went to worship at the church where my wife and I worshiped. Shortly later he personally accepted Christ and was water-baptized. It was the happiest day in my life to see my dad declaring Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Saviour! Glory be to God! Thanks be to God the words of God shared by the pastor during our wedding had touched my dad's heart with the agape love of Christ. Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment